Keto dieters, take heart: coffee liqueur is not off the table.
While traditional Kahlúa packs a whopping 16.7 grams of carbs per 1.5 oz, this version has zero carbs and tastes just like the real thing.
Coffee liqueur is used in many delicious cocktails, including:
- White Russians (liqueur + vodka + cream)
- Black Russians (liqueur + vodka)
- Brown Cows (liqueur + cream)
- Espresso Martinis
- Spiked Hot Chocolate
- Spiked Iced Coffee
The key to a delicious knockoff coffee liqueur is fresh ingredients: organic coffee beans, quality white rum, and keto syrup made from allulose or erythritol.
Be sure to check out my post on all of the keto simple syrup options available on the market! I prefer the allulose-based versions, but there are many others in case you like liquid Stevia or Swerve.
I love me a creamy White Russian before bed!
Here's how to make this keto-friendly liqueur.
Low Carb Coffee Liqueur Ingredients
- 1 cup of keto sweetener syrup
- 1 cup of strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup of white rum
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Make your keto sweetener syrup by mixing your sweetening powder with hot boiling water. Continue to mix until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Add coffee to saucepan. Let cool, then add your rum and vanilla.
- Using a funnel, pour into a glass bottle and let sit in the fridge for one day.
Optional: if you're not planning on making a Brown Cow, go ahead and add 1 1/4 cups of vodka to your liqueur before pouring it into your glass bottle.
To keep this drink keto friendly be sure to use heavy cream, unsweetened macadamia milk, or unsweetened coconut milk when making your White Russian!