It's time for a signature summer cocktail! This vodka recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and sour, plus a hit of carbonation for bubbly fun.
I was recently inspired to set up a small party scene in honor of the Fourth of July. The attendees included a four-year-old, one-year-old, and moi.
Trying to orchestrate photos with two small children is a gamble, but in this instance it paid off. Here are a few colorful scenes inspired by this recipe development...
As is customary, cupcakes were provided as bribery.
I made the tassel garland from an old bedsheet cut up into strips. It took me maybe 30-45 minutes to make.
And the bar cart? That was a DIY endeavor as well. Get the full tutorial below:
Now let's get mixing!
The Pink Lady Vodka Lemonade
- 1 glass pitcher
- champagne glasses
- 12 oz lemon vodka (Ketel One CITROEN, Absolut Citron, Smirnoff Citrus)
- 2 qt pink lemonade powder
- 8 cups sparkling water
- 1 whole lemon, squeezed
- 1 dash blood orange syrup
- Add vodka, pink lemonade mix, water, and lemon juice to pitcher.
- Chill pitcher for one hour. Chill glasses.
- Immediately prior to serving, add a dash of blood orange syrup to your cocktail glass.
- Add lemonade and enjoy!
As always, stay cool wherever you are, and tag me on instagram if you try this recipe for yourself!